Saturday, March 01, 2008

my left foot - a week and a half

Some milestones today.

Using the shower-chair that my friends Chris and Scott loaned me (along with the indispensable crutches), I wrapped my foot in a secured plastic bag and gave myself a real, hot shower for the first time in 10 days. It felt great.

Then, I got myself upstairs to the bedroom for the first time, and changed my clothes. I bumped back downstairs and got the living room changed back into a living room - stripped the bedding on the fold-out couch, cleaned up the accumulated stuff of living in this room for 10 days, and collapsed the fold-out couch back into a couch.

I am ready to move back upstairs for sleeping tonight, and this is a welcome move.

My mood is good - progress is now obvious in the externals of daily life. I offered to cook dinner tomorrow night for a family meal, while Karen is at her afternoon dance class. For the first time, I can envision an end to this recovery, although, realistically, full normality is several weeks away.

Still having the expected discomfort from time to time, and I had to go to bed for 2 hours after being out and about for 2 hours this morning. Every day is easier.

No comments: