Wednesday, March 05, 2008

my Left Foot - 2 weeks! (UPDATED - 6 pm)

Yes, two weeks ago at this time, I was just coming out of the anesthesia. Today, I had my 2nd post-op doctor visit and got the stitches out (I couldn't watch).

I am cleared to begin putting weight on my foot, as long as I am wearing The Boot. I am reluctant to take this step (literally), but I know that it's important to try. The doc seems to feel that everything is proceeding as it should.

Also, I am now to begin the once-a-day regimen of unwrapping the dressing and cleaning the pin/skin interface with isopropyl alcohol. Next appointment in 2 weeks.

Now for the latest photos:
Want a closer look? Still pretty swollen!
Dr. Gentile is pleased that he got the stitches out, without me fainting!
Let's take a nostalgic look at the 'before' photo, just to reinforce the sense that this is all worthwhile:

Update: Late this afternoon, I put The Boot on and I'M WALKING!! It's not elegant and not painless, but I am hobbling around the kitchen, sans crutches. Now, the trick is not to over-do it. Stay tuned...

No comments: