‘We’ll Have To Develop Those Weapons’:
Trump Says US Will Pull Out Of Nuke PactIn a nut-shell (me being the head nut around here), the argument goes like this (no claim to originality made):
- global warming is real (spoiler) and will escalate, as currently predicted
- nobody in 'authority' will ever do anything meaningful about curbing carbon emissions
- increasing weather and food-production disruptions will continue, eventually causing full-scale human migration
- Europe will, unfortunately, bear the largest immediate burden, since people can walk/boat there from most of the newly-uninhabitable places
- Europe's history of meaningful, altruistic cooperation (irony alert) among its various governments and ethnic communities will insure large-scale human conflicts
- The world's scientists will convene, in emergency mode, to announce a massive, global geo-engineering solution. The proposed approach, on cable news, will be rejected as being bad for business (not to mention, shall we say, risky). Pundits on all sides of the question will get plenty of work. Time will pass.
- Someone, somewhere will explode the first nuclear device, and it's July/August 1914 again.
Meanwhile, the tiny colony on Mars will just accept that the WiFi from Earth is temporarily down, and that the normal shipments of ramen noodles and canned tuna will be delayed. Fortunately, thanks to a recent movie, there are plenty of potatoes (but no ketchup).
Back on Earth, President-for-Eternity Donald Trump (kept permanently alive in an undisclosed location, or so they say) claims that only he could have ever solved the Global Warming problem, and he urges all Followers to continue hunting Democrats.
PS: I could be wrong. Don't forget to vote.