Thursday, March 20, 2008

coincidences are fun

Last night, we took Dylan out to dinner for his 20th birthday. That's right, as of yesterday, I no longer have teenagers in the house!

We went to Montage, a quirky little restaurant under the Morrison Bridge. Karen and I had only been there once before, a couple of years ago.

We arrived early and there were plenty of tables. However, by the time we were finishing up dessert (an amazing cake Karen bought at Market of Choice, with chocolate, cinnamon, and cayenne!), the place was packed and noisy.

We hardly noticed that two people were led to the newly-vacated table-for-two right next to ours, until I glanced over and saw -- my foot surgeon (with whom I had been, five hours before, chatting pleasantly, in his office) and (I assume) his charming spouse.

We each did a double-take - it was quite amusing. Doc, hope you enjoyed your dinner.

What are the odds?

No comments: