Saturday, March 22, 2008

pretty good video

here.

I didn't make it to the Obama rally in Portland yesterday, but I did watch it on TV and taped it. I thought he was pretty convincing, and a bunch of other Portlanders appeared to agree.

Beautiful spring day coming up - still chilly, but promises to be sunny and mild later. I've had piano gigs the past two nights, for assorted Purim skits (actually got paid for last night's). Next big milestone is the Jewish Choral Festival, on April 6 - I am accompanying 3 different choruses, and have a bunch of music to learn before the next rehearsal, Monday night.

Reading Paul Theroux's 'Pillars of Hercules'. I had wanted to just check out the sections of Turkey, to see what might overlap with our planned trip, next October, but, as with all his wonderful travel books, got sucked in. I actually saw him in person, at a Portland book store, many years ago when he was promoting this very book - I didn't buy a copy that night.

Gotta go check out today's blogs, for my daily outrage...

No comments: