Wednesday, March 12, 2008

my Left Foot - 3 weeks down!

Vast stretches of the day go by without my thinking about my darn foot. I wear the Boot all day long (even sitting here at the computer, see?):


I clomp around the house, going about my business. It does feel good to take it off every 4 hours or so, and put my foot up for a while, but, really, I find myself concentrating on other matters most of the time.

My wonderful friend, Barbara S, has a Subaru identical to mine, except that hers is an automatic transmission. On Monday, she came over and we have traded cars, for the next couple of weeks. Last night, I actually drove my boys out to a restaurant (Karen is still in LA). It was the first time I drove since Wisconsin, in mid-February.

Today, I have a list of shopping, banking, and post-office chores to do, and am meeting another friend for a late lunch. Tomorrow, I begin a 10-day stretch of frequent and numerous musical/social events/activities. This is living!

Next doctor appointment - one week from today. I can get thru this.

No comments: