Wednesday, March 19, 2008

my left foot - end of month 1

Well, here we are at the end of the first month. Time to visit the doc again.

I had my very first acupuncture session on Monday, out of curiosity. Not sure it made any difference in the swelling, or was related to the soreness I felt yesterday, but it was interesting to see all those little needles sticking out of my feet, legs, and (curiously) tummy.

Here's how it looks today - a little less swollen, right?

Check out the X-rays. Here you see the top view, clearly showing the pins attached to the external fixator, and a couple of the big screws.

Here's a side view. Sorry that it's a little blurry, but, rest assured, the inside of my foot resembles a hardware store after an earthquake.
Time to get out the Allen wrench and make some adjustments to the external fixator. My next office visit is in two weeks, and (I'm excited getting ready to type this), if things look good at that point, the external fixator and pins come out and I can drive my manual transmission car again!

There are times when I get very impatient with this recovery, but, with the next big milestone in view, I am encouraged.

Not only that, but I have my (free) ticket to see Barack Obama in Portland, Friday morning! Will have to get up absurdly early to take mass transit, but it should be amazing.

No comments: