Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday afternoon update

Well, the gutters are all cleaned, and a bunch of other odds and ends around the house are done.

In a couple of hours, Karen and I are meeting up with my two boys and other friends at one of our favorite Pearl District restaurants (Pho Van), then Karen and I have theater tickets for tonight's play.

So, all in all, it's been a pretty nice day, with no outward appearance of fascism in the neighborhood.

To cap it off, in today's mail there was a check for me, for $945, representing the conclusion of yet another Enron class-action suit. Let's see, with the $18 I received in a prior settlement and the $50K in severance payments that I received before the bankruptcy, that makes 4% of the value of the stock and options that I watched disappear.

A small price to pay for the experience of having met Jeff Skilling, twice (and once sharing an elevator, in Houston, with Ken Lay).

No comments: