Friday, September 08, 2006

Morning in Milwaukee

In my brother's house, enjoying his WiFi connection, listening to KPOJ over the 'net, catching up on email and blogs.

I spent yesterday with my Mom at her assisted living place. She is doing remarkably well, for 93. On oxygen 24/7, with a live-in attendant (the attentive, gentle Leonora, from the Phillipines). They make a great pair.

Naturally, I played an afternoon piano concert for the gathered masses, and, as always, it's a great audience to play for. Gave me a chance to stay limber, and play a bunch of their (and mine) favorite old songs. In the evening, I showed Mom my Spain/Morocco photos and she enjoyed them tremendously.

More of the same today - more of the same tomorrow - back to Portland Sunday.

Have to admit that yesterday was a lovely day - temps in the high 70s, with some humidity, lots of great puffy clouds and blue skies, and enough breeze to make sitting outside a pleasure. Trees are beginning to turn.

Time to grab some breakfast and head over for another day of geriatric amusements.

No comments: