Friday, February 15, 2008

the wedding

I mentioned yesterday that, last night, I was to play piano for a wedding at the Jewish home, where I accompany the chorus. It was a wonderful evening, with the Bride's and Groom's extended families (i.e. children and grandchildren) all taking part.

The chorus sang several numbers before and during the ceremony (including "Making Whoopee"), and I played a bunch of old songs afterwards, while many folks danced. Three local TV stations sent cameramen to film it - we watched two of the reports on the 10:00 pm news. Here's a little story that The Oregonian carried.

Ruth and Frank were cute and just glowing last night, and the spirits of the entire place were soaring. It was an amazing evening.

Off to the airport in an hour. Tomorrow, I'll be playing the piano at my mother's facility in Milwaukee!

Beautiful sunrise this morning - the eastern sky is on fire. I sure hate to leave Portland.

No comments: