Saturday, February 23, 2008

my left foot - start of day 3

Progress is happening fast.

Last night, I slept for one uninterrupted 5 hour stretch. During part of the night, I could sleep on my side, instead of back only.

Last night, I was actually hungry for the first time, and used the crutches for the first time to navigate both to the bathroom and the kitchen, where I assembled my own bowl of cereal and milk, and got it over to the TV room couch - my first destination Beyond Bed and Bath.

I suppose the hours of icing have paid off, since the obvious swollen feeling is much reduced.

Finally, the constipation that everyone said would be a byproduct of the painkillers has, ahem, been surmounted. Took almost 3 days.

Today, more practice with crutches - maybe even a brief appearance outside (the sunrise now flooding the living room suggests a BEAUTIFUL day ahead), and general testing of my limits, which I will no doubt reach and exceed.

I can safely say that my low point was Thursday night, when the pain and nausea were peaking.

And, the final sweetness, it appears that Hillary is beginning to accept that she's not going to win First Prize and is rebuilding the bridges that Bill and her misguided campaign staff had torched. It's sort of sad - the Womens Movement has been waiting a long time for this campaign, but other events have overtaken her historical ascent.

No comments: