Friday, February 01, 2008

it's not easy being godless

Yes, Jesus is Love. Seems like a case-study in Abnormal Psychology 101.

On the other end of the religious spectrum, however, there is hope. Last night, I was part of a huge crowd at the wonderful Bagdad Theater, to see Jim Wallis, the left-wing evangelical, who is out spreading the good news in his new book.

It's not often I find myself in a crowd of people wearing large crucifixes (and not being nervous), but this was a sympathetic group, and the message, that the Christian Right is ebbing and the evangelical movement now shifting to issues of poverty, environmental sanity, and social justice, is encouraging.

I was invited to the talk by a friend who is a left-wing evangelical. Being a McMenamin facility, I was able to enjoy a pint of beer during the talk, which was refreshingly ironic, too.

It's great to think that POF (People of Faith) will bond together to reject the right-wing politics to which they have been associated for the past 25 years, and take us into a new Age where the true message of You-Know-Who will spread across the public landscape.

As a Jewish agnostic cynic, I say 'bring it on'.

No comments: