Sunday, February 24, 2008

my left foot - day 4

Sunday morning.

Today, I actually washed my hair and body, and changed my clothes, all by myself -- a genuine mood-elevator. To celebrate, I wheeled myself over to the piano and played for about a half-hour, until the lowered foot began to throb. Back to bed and ice.

Looking forward to my first post-op doctor appointment, Tuesday morning, when the temporary splint and dressing will be changed. Will I have the courage to look at the naked truth? Stay tuned.

Now, about Ralph Nader. Being the charitable individual that I am, I can only interpret this move as his ploy to inject a discussion of corporatism and corruption into the presidential conversation, rather than a bold-faced ego-driven insistence of relevance (which we've come to expect from Bush, and are quite able to get beyond).

I am trying to get thru today with no meds - haven't taken any since last night before bed. So far, so good - no bad pain, and no withdrawal issues.

Stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

No comments: