Saturday, February 14, 2009

saturday morning

Had a fun evening last night, listening to a jazz duo at RiverPlace and chatting with two delightful ladies who happened to share our table.

It was the opening of the Portland Jazz Festival and I suspect we'll be sampling a lot of the offerings over the next few days. The problem, of course, is that I spend too much time envisioning myself sitting at the keyboard, rather than concentrating on the professionals up there creating good stuff.

Finally, I have to say a few words about how distressing it was listening to NPR this morning. They repeat the GOP talking points as if they are reasonable arguments (instead of the disingenuous, evil balderdash they are) then, for commentary, they have on Jonah Goldberg, someone from The New Republic and Juan Williams. Sheesh! I turned it off in disgust.

No comments: