Tuesday, April 08, 2008

new monitor

My old 19" big old-fashioned monitor ($25 at a garage sale, many years ago) has been making periodic clicking noises for the past, oh, six months. Last night, it went into a Sudden Death frenzy, clicking and flashing, and finally dying.

I plugged in an old, spare 15" monitor, popped onto craigslist, saw a 19" widescreen LCD (this model) that a guy was selling for $100 (he's moving out of state) 20 minutes after he posted it. I was the first to call, went to see it this afternoon, and here I am typing the first blog entry on this very wide monitor.

Of course, Karen wants it for her office, so maybe I'll be a good guy and swap this one for her non-widescreen 19" LCD. That should earn me some temporary good will, right?

At any rate, I'm enjoying it while I can!

No comments: