Thursday, September 24, 2009

a grave responsibility

So, we leave Monday morning for Spain, for 3 weeks.

Attention robbers: Ben will be here the whole time, with Marsha, our loyal pet-sitter, coming by a couple of times a day to take Zacky for a drive.

Long-time reader(s) of this blog know that Zacky is quite debilitated by DM, and it has progressed to the point where he gets around by slithering around on his butt. His hind legs are almost useless, but he still moves pretty well in his cart, and, as always, loves attention and meeting people.

He has been my good buddy for 10 years.

This morning, I took a shovel out to our pet cemetery and dug a hole, just in case something happens while we are gone. If not used sooner, it will be used later.

My t-shirt is dirty and soaked with sweat. I dug with mindfulness. That is all I can do.

1 comment:

Liz Schwartz said...

I am sad at the thought of Zacky being gone from your home, and hope he is still there when you come back from Spain.