Friday, September 07, 2007

I have to laugh

at this.

So, a wacko group up in Battle Ground, WA (makes perfect sense if you've ever been there) is urging Americans to 'boycott the Minneapolis airport'.

Umm, aren't boycotts supposed to target things or places which you can choose NOT to frequent? Anyone who is flying ANYWHERE on Northwest Airlines (which I frequently do) ALWAYS changes planes in Minneapolis (which I have done many times, and will again in 2 weeks).

I guess the folks in Battle Ground envision people saying, "You know that cross-country drive I'm doing next month? I staying clear of that airport in Minneapolis. THAT'll show them.'

For what it's worth, I've used the facilities in airports many times, and never did my feet touch the guy in the next stall. Guess my stance is not very wide.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't they have enough to do protecting the rights of Land? Huh?
Morons love battles that are (a) meaningless, (b) without possible repercussion, (c) gives them the chance to get a couple of headlines. I say we get the Portland Gay Pride Day march to take a side-trip to Battle Ground! (Maybe then it would live up to its name.)