Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Just got one of those GOP robo-calls

Just like Randy Rhodes described a few days ago. The nice lady asked me if I would be able to answer a brief survey question, after listening to a brief message from Senator John Ensign. I naturally said 'sure', while quickly googling that Senator.

Of course, the recording was all about those damn liberals, especially Hillary and Obama, who want to destroy all the wonderful things that Our Great Leader, Ronald Reagan, stood for. You can imagine.

After a very brief delay, the lady came back on the line, and asked if I agreed that 'the country is on the wrong track, and we need to return to the ideals of St. Ronnie'.

I said, 'I certainly agree that the country is on the wrong track', but before she could launch into the "now I've got him" pitch, I added '...but not because of the reasons the Senator mentioned.'

'You see,' I continued, 'I believe the only President who has done more damage to America than George W Bush was Ronald Reagan.'

There was a short pause, and then the line went dead.

Wonder how they got my name and number. Obviously, they didn't go thru Homeland Security.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doggone it! How come I never get those calls?! Of course, I usually hang up when I detect a predictive dialer, and rarely answer if caller id does not display a number that looks familiar. And I'm certain that we're both on at least a few lists :) ....which i guess begs the question of how they ended up calling YOU, good doctor.

Barry in Portland said...

Well, as I've mentioned before, I registered at a GOP site a few years ago, so that I can get their astonishing emails. It's quite enlightening, in a mind-control kind of way.

BTW, did you hear that Sadaam was responsible for 9-11? Almost everybody says so.