Saturday, March 10, 2007

just saw "Pan's Labyrinth"

Karen's cousin, Steve, raved about it, and I was curious, given all the Oscar nominations, so I went this afternoon.

I must say that, squeamish as I tend to be, I had to avert my eyes in a few places (you who've seen it know exactly which ones). I must be too grounded in Reality (hah!) to appreciate the fantasy stuff. The Bad Guy was really bad - a classic villain that you love to hate, and there will be no spoilers here.

Would I recommend it? I suppose that, if you must see it, it's probably better to do so in a theater, rather than waiting for the DVD. On the other hand, one's time, in the long run, would be better spent reading up on the Spanish Civil War because, folks, it can happen here, and 30 more years of Generalissimo Bush would be the next logical step for this government. Don't say I didn't warn you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love justapianoplayer.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards