Monday, January 22, 2007

worried about Mom

News from Wisconsin is not good. Heard from my brother a half-hour ago.

My 93 year-old mother is in the hospital, with significant kidney and heart problems. He mentioned a couple of other problems, that have been increasing over the last week, so I was not totally unprepared for this.

I was planning on heading there in a couple of weeks for her birthday, but may need to fly east sooner. My brother will let me know tomorrow how things are looking.

This was an abrupt change of my mood for the day, which was going pretty well as I am quickly moving my entire development world over to the new PC I bought the other day. It's noticeably faster and better, and USB 2.0 (among the chief reasons for upgrading), makes a REAL difference. Still, it's hard to enjoy completing this task, with this afternoon's news.

No comments: