Friday, January 26, 2007

Me, compulsive?

It may not surprise you to know that I have been maintaining an Excel file of all the computers I have ever owned, along with their specs. (Actually, it probably started out as a ClarisWorks spreadsheet, when I was running an Atari ST under Macintosh emulation, but that's another story.)

At this point, I am up to 21 desktops (and 2 laptops), starting from my first computer, a TS-1000 (Timex/Sinclair), that came with 2 K of memory (upgrading it to 16 K was a big deal, and only cost $50).

Today, I added in the info for my new (used) PC (which, today, I upgraded from 256 MB of RAM to 512 MB, for $10 - thanks again, craigslist). Here are a couple of charts:

Things were apparently stastically relatively static until computer #17, in 1997. Since then, the curve sort of matches Al Gore's chart of CO2 emissions in the last 20 years.

No comments: