Thursday, July 13, 2006

Heading home

Sitting in the Sacramento airport, a half-hour before boarding the plane back to Portland. The past three days have been unbelievably intense, but the atmosphere in the room was supportive, as everyone struggled with their particular technical issues.

I completed the piece assigned to me at 5:40 pm, and left for the airport at 6. It wasn't until about 1 pm that all the pieces were in place to permit me to finish my task - after that, it was a race against time to grind out and test the code.

I sure have refreshed my memory on using the XML DOM, something that I played around with a bit, in Lotuscript, back around 2001, at Enron Broadband. Fortunately, I was able to steal two crucial bits of code from a web site, and the rest was able to flow from that. Funny how that works.

While working, I was periodically checking my email and the headline news. It sure looks bad in the Middle East, but the news of Valerie Plame suing Rove, Libby, AND Cheney warms my heart.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? At the moment, since I was awake from 3-5 this morning, struggling with database issues and refining my final group of questions, all I can think about is heading home, to my own pillow and bed, and to the bosom of my family, including the pets.

Life is good.

No comments: