Monday, November 15, 2010

as Ronald Reagan said, 'trust, but verify'

He was talking about nuclear disarmament, but it also applies to vacuum-cleaner bags.

I got an email from a mail-order place that we had ordered from before, touting their pre-holiday deals and free shipping. Since we need bags, I thought, "well, this is surely convenient."

I clicked thru the email to their site, found the bags and got ready to place the order. Before clicking submit, though, I thought I'd go to Amazon and see if there's anything cheaper, just for grins.

I found a deal that was $5 cheaper ($10.25 instead of $14.95) and this deal also had free shipping.

Same product. Same vendor.

It's almost enough to make me think that, maybe, not everything that you receive as email may be totally true.

No comments: