Friday, September 05, 2008

one month to Turkey Day!

No, I am not calendar-challenged. We leave for Turkey the night of Oct 6, and I believe I just made the FINAL lodging reservation, after months of unpleasant surprises, schedule changes, and logistical complications.

Not only that, but I wrote a detailed complaint letter to the tour operators, explaining how their many failures to communicate logistics and changes to policies had caused me to not only spend a zillion hours talking to Customer Service, researching alternatives, and arranging the details, but also had cost us approximately $500 more than expected. This morning, they wrote that they are giving us a $500 credit.

The system works.

We are off to Sisters around 1 pm, to spend a weekend there at the Sisters Folk Festival - staying at a condo at Black Butte. With any luck, nothing could possibly go wrong.

No comments: