Saturday, September 27, 2008

how is this possible?

On the plane to Wisconsin last week (?), I pulled out my Smartphone, on which I had loaded hundreds of megabytes of MP3 tunes. I thought I'd pass the time listening to something soothing.

Imagine my shock to discover that the output jack on my phone (which I had never used) was too small for the jack on my headphones, which I had successfully used on my iPaq (still for sale if you are interested).

In Wisconsin, I searched around on the internet and found various places selling a stereo 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter for between $6 and $12. Then I stumbled on a site that only wanted $1.41 for the adapter, with no charge for shipping. Too good to pass up - I said to bill it to my PayPal account and forgot about it.

Today, in my mailbox, the adapter arrived and it worked perfectly. Now, here's the amazement factor - the package was mailed from:

Room 225-226, Block B
Focal Industrial Center
21 Man Lok Street
Kow Loon, Hong Kong

Yes, for the measly price of $1.41, someone in Hong Kong put exactly what I need into an envelope, posted it to my very own mailbox, and, somehow, made a profit.

What a world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, what a great story.

It's called the magic of DealExtreme. :D

www.dealextreme.com

Anonymous said...

Well if you thought the $1.41 price was good you ought to look again at dealextreme - because their current price is only 95 cents - with free delivery worldwide.

I love dealextreme, they are cheap, and reliable.

Anonymous said...

You should really help your readers and give a link to the product.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2648