Wednesday, June 25, 2008

still depressed

yes, the weather is great, and tonight I picked the first pea from my garden (many more coming soon), the string beans are up, the squash, basils, and tomatoes are doing great. There is more rhubarb to cut and the plum trees are making little green plums.

So what's the problem? I am dreading news from our friend with cancer, I am dreading the future of my species on this planet, and I am bewildered that my spouse and son are in the next room watching (and commenting on) 'So You Think You Can Dance?'

We went to Costco tonight, and I was overwhelmed by the abundance. Still thinking about 'The Road' - sorry I read it.

Work is going well. I volunteered at KBOO for a couple of hours. I had lunch with one old friend today and another tomorrow. I'm going to Wisconsin next week for a few days, to see Mom and my brother and his little family.

But I am not feeling like any of this is real. Must not be getting enough coffee.

No comments: