Wednesday, June 18, 2008

driving me crazy

All the disdainful references to Jimmy Carter's presidency from the Repubs never fails to get my blood-pressure to rise.

Not only was I younger, hairier, and slimmer then, but I thrilled to Carter's speeches on energy conservation and renewables, not to mention honesty in government (a quaint notion).

All that and more was dismissed with contempt, when the 'Reagan Revolution' (sic) took hold, and it's been a downhill slide since, in just about every measure of American leadership in the world.

When the McCain talking-heads sniff that Obama is running for Jimmy Carter's 2nd term, I say 'and about time, too!' Carter was the last president that I'd like to have a beer with (as long as it's not a 'Billy').


Meanwhile, as I approach 4 months post-Op, my Left Foot continues to approach normality. I am able to walk virtually limp-free now, and the past month of physical therapy has done wonders, in reducing swelling and pain. I even had an acupuncture session on Monday (at Karen's urging) - can't tell if it made any difference, but one never knows.

I think I am about ready to post the final Before/After photos - stay tuned.

No comments: