Friday, August 31, 2007

just got home from Rodriego y Gabriella

Wow - what an amazing high-energy show. The zoo was sold out, and the crowd went wild.

I got there before 4 pm and, when the lawn was opened for seating at 5, I was about 30th in line. It was like the Oklahoma Land Rush, but I snagged a superb spot astonishingly close to the stage.

I relaxed, read the new New Yorker, and listened to Randi Rhodes on the radio, and, eventually, Karen and our other friends showed up.

It was a gorgeous night and the musicianship was mind-blowing. Took a while to get thru the traffic and get home, but here we are, in time to see the weekend forecast on the 10:00 news.

Heading for Tumalo State Park tomorrow morning, for 3 days of fun in the sun, floatin' down the Deschutes and sharing laughs and too much wine with our camping buddies (6 families).

Next week, I'll be starting a new project for the City of Portland, but, for the next couple of days, I'm not going to think about it.

No comments: