Thursday, February 15, 2007

winter in wisconsin

After flying most of the day, I arrived in Milwaukee late in the afternoon, picked up my rental car, and headed off onto the frozen freeway. Zipped up to Mequon, and got to my Mom's Assisted Living place around 6, just in time to attend the 'Hula Night' program, where a half-dozen local women, dressed in various South Seas costumes, performed 'authentic' hula dances, to the recorded sounds of Don Ho and others.

Talk about surreal. Mom was enjoying it, though.

It's now Thursday morning - clear and sunny, with over a foot of snow on the ground. Should get up to 20 today - highest temperature in a couple of weeks. My sister-in-law says she's ready to move back to Californina, but it's my brother who still loves it in the mid-west. Go figure.

No comments: