Wednesday, February 28, 2007

more on seeing old actors as young guys

I have one of those gizmos where you attach a bicycle and can use it as an exercise bike - bought it from a craigslist posting a couple of months ago.

I lately developed a routine where I stop working at noon, and cycle for an hour, watching old 'Perry Mason' shows on a little TV there in the basement. It's pretty diverting (I stop during commercials to check email, of course). Aside from guessing who done it, my greatest pleasure is looking for now-famous actors in small parts.

Yesterday's episode had a young guy who kinda looked like Rob Schneider, and it took me most of the show to realize it had to be - wait for it - Bill Shatner. Gosh, he must have been about 25. I continued cycling thru the credits, but they went by so quickly I couldn't confirm it. I don't see it as a screen credit on his Internet Movie database page, but I'm sure I recognized That Voice.

BTW, here's a page that explicitly mentions Bill as having appeared on 'Perry Mason'. So, who do you believe, me or your own eyes?

No comments: