Sunday, August 06, 2006

a rather unusual day

Lounged around the house in Manzanita this morning, while we tried to figure out alternatives for getting Dylan back to Portland. Unfortunately, our initial plan fell thru, when Karen's cousin bailed on the weekend.

Eventually, it appeared that the only reasonable thing to do was for me to drive him back. We left town around 12:30 and made record time back to hot, dry Portland. I spent a couple of hours watering, talking to the animals, doing a little laundry, and assembling other things on my list, to bring back to the beach.

I had considered spending the night there in my normal bed (much more comfortable than the one at the beach house), but, around 5 pm, decided to go for it. Fortunately, most of the traffic at that point in the afternoon was Portland-bound, and I zipped back to Manzanit, arriving in time to have dinner with Karen, Sylvia and Barbra, and even go for a little bike ride along Ocean Avenue, at sunset.

It's now after 9 pm, and there is still a hint of yellow and green in the darkening sky, while the white noise of the ocean bathes my auditory senses. I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: