Friday, August 18, 2006

and then, the phone rang...

Every software developer knows the feeling - you receive an email or a phone call from a client that you haven't heard from in a while.

Invariably, it's one of two things - either word that they have more stuff they want you to do (yea!) or they have found some unexpected bug that needs to be fixed (darn!). When it's a phone call, it's almost always the second.

My cell rang a short time ago and a client identified himself. His message: his staff just got back from using a handheld data-collection application I wrote, and ... ... ... ... when they got back into the office to bring the data over to the desktop database ... ... ... ... it worked perfectly.

He just wanted me to know. I appreciate that.

Meanwhile, have you watched that 3-part BBC documentary referenced below? It's really worth your time.

Meanwhile, Maisie is still with us. She still shows enough normal behavior (grooming, asking to go out, nibbling - very little - her food, and purring when cuddled). She is amazingly skinny, and generally lethargic, but we just can't bring ourselves to call an end to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feed Maisie Tuna!!!! She'll love it and will immediately incarnate to life. At least I hope so. I can't imagine putting my cat down. We had friends that had to do that and said it was the hardest thing they ever had to do - everyone in the vet's office was crying. Tuna, my friend - give it a try. That's what I feed my cats. Lucky s.o.b.'s.