Tuesday, June 30, 2009

it's possible I just made a big mistake

I was down here in my computer dungeon, when there was a knock at the front door, and the dog started barking wildly (as he does these days, but that's a different story).

There were two men - one, I guess in his 30's (heavyset and goatee) and another, much younger, both wearing coats and ties (the first tip-off). The young guy was in front and said he wanted to invite me to a free program. I glanced at the brochure and saw that it was urging me to get ready for the 'End of the World'.

There was a graphic that seemed to refer to the Book of Revelations (there were horns and steam), so I instantly guessed that the topic was not going to be about the disappearance of Cheap Petroleum, so I politely declined to engage.

But, now that it's five minutes later, I am wondering if I should have asked for more details, before sending them on their way. After all, they looked so serious and I wouldn't want to be left behind.

Which reminds me of a blog comment I saw yesterday, where the writer referred to 'Jesus, the son of Joseph Christ'. You remember them - the Christ family, that lived in the hut down the road? They were always such fun at the neighborhood pot-lucks (turning the water into wine, etc).

No comments: