Tuesday, May 05, 2009

veggie update

Onions and bok choy doing well:Of the 20 asparagus crowns, 15 are definitely up and 2 more are probable. This was a major relief, as I was beginning to feel that nothing would ever happen with these guys.

Transplanted the 2 zucchinis to another bed, with more room. They are about 4 inches and looking healthy. The tomatoes haven't grown much, but I'm confident that they are building roots.

The peas are just about high enough to find the trellis and start wrapping around it. I think I got 6 from the first planting, and am beginning to see a few now just appearing, from the second planting.

Planted some chard next to the bok choys, hoping that they will be up when we are eating bok choy. It's all so much more fun to think about than work (which is a tad slow these days).

Karen and I are heading to Washington DC on Saturday, where we will be all next week. She is attending a law conference and I'll be visiting with old friends and places-where-I-was-young. When we get back to Portland, the rest of May is filling up with several music obligations, so this trip will be my last chance to relax, after I get up from this afternoon's nap.

No comments: