Thursday, December 11, 2008

gone

8:00 pm Thursday.

Just got the call from my brother. Dottie died a couple of hours ago.

The timing of the funeral is still uncertain, but will probably be Sunday or Monday. I'll be heading to my home-town of Elmira, New York, probably with my son, Dylan (who just arrived in Portland, on Winter Break, from Ashland, two hours ago).

I am so happy that I was there just before Thanksgiving. She was so proud to be sitting there while I played the piano and her buddies were gathered around.

I am numb.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Barry, I am so sorry for your loss. You were indeed wise and fortunate to have visited her recently - that will be a comfort through your grieving. May her memory be for a blessing.

(Very odd to send condolences through a blog comment, but here we are.)

Thomas "Duffbert" Duff said...

My sympathies and condolences, Barry...

Barry in Portland said...

Thanks, everybody.