Thursday, April 05, 2007

nice day

I got up early this morning, before the sun was really over the horizon, and walked outside to smell the clean, cool, fragrant Spring air.

Turned into a sunny, warm and dry day. Trees and shrubs flowering all over the yard.

I worked on a programming project for a while, but I had to stop, go out, dig some weeds, transplant some peas and basil, check the lettuce, and pretty up my little vegetable patch with some fresh mulch.

Then cook dinner for four hungry 19 and 20 year olds. Then (now evening, with Venus bright in the west), I took the dog for a walk. Time for a piece of apple/raspberry pie - both from last summer's harvest.

More GIs dead in Iraq. More Bush lies about Iran. More evidence of total corruption of our democratic institutions.

At least my dog is happy. Cats, too.

Good Friday coming up, then Easter. Spring. It's all connected.

No comments: