Thursday, June 08, 2006

Relief and Alarm

So, the outcome of the Busby/Bilbray election is officially 'in doubt'. Good.

Speaking as a paranoid, if I were going to steal an election, I would make the margin of 'victory' for my boy pretty slim, and a 5000 vote margin qualifies for that. After all (to paraphrase Barbara Bush), that has 'worked out pretty well for them.'

It is indisputable that unsecured (and proven vulnerable) electronic voting machines were left overnight and unsupervised in the hands of volunteer election workers. Hmm, not at all suspicious, right? What part of 'Doh!' isn't clear, with that plan?

Finally, and, to me, most significantly, there's the matter of over 60,000 absentee ballots, that (unlike the results from the machines) CAN be counted AND recounted. I'm just guessing, but isn't it reasonable to assume that many of those absentee ballots were cast by Democrats who are damn well aware of the flaws of the Diebold system?

If I were Bilbray, I wouldn't start packing for the move to DC just yet. If I were Busby, I would damn well start raising a stink. Fight, fight, fight - win, win, win.

No comments: