Friday, June 09, 2006

a few good laughs

This has been making the rounds on the Internet for a while, but it's amusing if you've never seen it. It's a 1950's 'Ideal American Family' propaganda film, with a superimposed group of wise-ass commentators.

I'm half-packed - we leave for New York tomorrow night. Last night, I played a little piano program over at the Jewish Old Folks home, and that was pretty easy. They even paid me $40, the first time I've been compensated for all the work I've done over there.

I had thought that this was my last social obligation before we leave town, but a client contacted me with a potential program bug, and I am heading over there in a few minutes, to try to figure out what the heck is going on. Naturally, I can't reproduce the error they are seeing, on my copy, so it's either flaky data (unlikely) or something weird in their environment. I hate those - straightforward bugs are so much easier to find and fix.

No comments: