Monday, November 03, 2008

get out the vote rally in SE

Karen and I dropped in at the Obama HQ yesterday afternoon, to see and hear Barbara Roberts, Kate Brown, Ben Westlund, David Wu, Ron Wyden, Jeff Merkely, and Howard Dean deliver the last minute adrenalin. It was pretty exciting.

It will be a long day tomorrow. We have tickets to see the 'Capitol Steps' with friends tomorrow night. The show starts at 7:30 and, perhaps, by its end, they will be able to announce happy results from the stage.

Wouldn't that be too cool?

However, I still can't shake the disturbing image of a somber President Biden. Here's hoping past ain't prologue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for that image. It was lurking right beneath the surface (I'm sure, for all of us who lived through '63 and '68) and now all of my fears of Obama losing (remember 80? 00? 04?) have found a new object. I sometimes wish I was 21 and really believed all the change and hope and new day stuff. Mostly wisdom is a good thing, but sometimes it's a burden.