Wednesday, May 07, 2008

still here

It's been a busy few days.

Sunday was our 23rd anniversary, and, after many hours of back-breaking weeding, I got cleaned up, accompanied Karen to her afternoon tap-dance class, then we drove downtown to a fancy restaurant, had a nice too-expensive meal, and went to a play ("Streetcar Named Desire" - Stanley was good; Blanche was too tall).

The next morning, Monday, I got up early, drove to Astoria, and met my cousins at their cruise ship. I took them sight-seeing to my favorite places and the weather was very cooperative. I think they liked it. Got them back to the ship by 3 (they are headed to Alaska), and got myself back to Portland around 5 pm, having driven over 250 miles that day. What gas crisis?

Tuesday, got up early and drove (there's that word again) downtown to the Convention Center, to attend a Microsoft dog-and-pony (mostly to be able to claim the prize - CDs with Vista Ultimate, Microsoft Server 2008, and SQL Server 2008 (local readers - want any of these?) and (the real reason I went) Visual Studio 2008. Nice morning - good swag.

Last night, I attended my first training session at KBOO, our local community radio station. Next training Thursday night. Stay tuned for further details.

Finally able to get back to work today. Fighting a cold for a week now, and it has been winning.

Gotta run...

No comments: