Friday, October 26, 2007

um, does anyone else find this headline disturbing?

It's been a while since I took Biology in High School, but aren't we primates?

Dawn in Portland. I let the dog out, then walked outside in my bathrobe. To the east, I see the outline of Mt. Hood, surrounded by a glow of very early-morning light. To the west, I see the extremely full Moon. It's very quiet.

Karen is still in bed, and will sleep late. I woke up around 4, and turned on my little bedside radio, listening to NPR and Air America while dozing in and out, until 7. I am mostly packed, of course - still a couple of very minor decisions to make.

Plane doesn't leave for six hours, and my work projects are under control - must resist urge to tinker this morning.

I know Karen will go into a last-minute frenzy of house-cleaning, which, considering that a teenager, with many priorities other than house-cleaning, will be in charge for the next week, seems on the verge of pointless.

I know I've been derelict in not posting a photo of the kittens upstairs. Here's one:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!!! I didn't get my Cute Overload fix today, this is a good substitute.