Monday, July 02, 2007

the invisible man

Dennis Kucinich was to appear at Benson High School last night. I had planned to go, but hurt my back Saturday, and spent all day Sunday in bed (reading Civil War history, so it wasn't a total loss).

This morning, I checked the web sites of all three Portland TV stations to read how the event was. Surprise! Not a single word, from all three, including KGW (i.e. 'Northwest NewsChannel 8').

You'd think that an appearance by a Democratic Party presidential candidate would merit mentioning. It might even be important enough to take the place of the news video at the top of today's list: Employee inflating a tire injured when it exploded.

If I was paranoid, I might tend to believe there was a conspiracy to keep news about Dennis from the public. Ya think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Barry, now don't go gettin' yerself all werked up into a conspiracy theory. You know as well as I do that Dennis isn't one of them. And they will do whatever they can to squash him like a bug.
Besides, all the major news networks are owned by dictatorial republicooties.