Tuesday, December 09, 2008

antidote to gloom

It ain't much, in the human scheme of things, but Zacky and I walked over to our wonderful neighborhood grocery store, then walked back home thru our wonderful neighborhood 'wilderness' park.

He was happy, and, despite an occasional slip, did fine.

Then, turning into our driveway, I caught a straight-shot to a peaceful, luminous, gleaming Mt. Hood, covered in fresh snow. It was an elevator of spirits, and I needed it.

Time to get some dinner cooking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to notice the beauty of a sunset and a mountain amid so much heartache.

Please let us know if there's anything you need. I'll be thinking of you.

Barry in Portland said...

Thanks, shana.

It's a tough time, but I keep remembering the smile on her face, when I was in Wisconsin and played the piano for her, three weeks ago.

The spirit that was there at that time is mostly gone now. It's all part of The Deal.